Town to hold very own Last Night of the Proms
- Credit: Archant
A patriotic event dedicated to raising money for local causes is set to return.
St Mary’s Church, in Bungay, will once again play host to Land of Hope and Glory after last year’s successful prom evening was attended by more than 250 people.
Starting from 7.30pm on Saturday, July 7, the evening will be under the musical direction of Jason Collins and is set to feature the Kensington Brass Quintet, soprano Georgia Mae Ellis and Bungay’s very own Choral Society.
Proceeds will go to the Town Reeve’s Appeal, funds from which are given to Bungay Youth Club and Falcon Meadow Community Trust.
Bungay Town Reeve, Stephen Went, said: “This is going to be a great night and I’m looking forward to hearing the audience join in with classic songs we all know and love. I’d like to thank Jason Collins and all of our sponsors.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are priced at £12 and available from Wightmans, New Beginnings or at cantaria.co.uk.
- 1 Town's post office to close within a month
- 2 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 3 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 4 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 5 Appeal to trace owner after gold ring is found
- 6 How do Tier 1 areas like Cornwall compare to Suffolk?
- 7 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 8 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 9 Cyclist attacks car with handlebars and threatens driver
- 10 Merger plans unveiled for four pupil referral unit schools