Bungay pub’s spring events revealed
THE spring line-up of events has been unveiled at the Kings Head and Queens Jules in Bungay.
Tim and Julie Anderson took over the venue in November after leaving jobs with Norfolk County Council.
They are planning to have events most evenings to bring the historic building back to life.
“We have been very successful with the Friday evening karaoke and discos and have had bands and over 25 discos on Saturdays,” said Tim.
“We are now expanding the number of events with more midweek events and specials for the forthcoming bank holidays.
You may also want to watch:
“This includes alcohol free discos for 14 to 17-year-olds as there are few things geared up for that age group.”
The couple are also preparing for the summer season and the Bungay Festival.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 5 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 6 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 7 Woman's body found at Loddon home
- 8 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 9 Health watchdog's concerns over 87-year-old's hospital discharge
- 10 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
“We wanted to provide people with a reason to come to the town and have a good night out in this beautiful building,” said Julie.
Here is the current events list for the rest of March and April.
Dancing in ballroom – Lindy Hop Mondays, Salsa Tuesdays, Mediterranean folk dancing Wednesdays.
Pool league –Tuesdays alternate weeks
Sing song – Sunday afternoons
March 25 All request disco with Stevie C
April 1 Karaoke with Carlos
April 2 Saturday Night Fever. Over 25s 70s and 80s disco. �3
April 3 Mothers’ Day afternoon tea – tea, sandwich, cake and scone and flowers. �7.50
April 8 All request disco with Stevie C
April 9/10 Battle of the Bands. Over 18s Saturday and under 18s Sunday. �5 per band entry. Entry forms from the Kings Head and Queens Jules.
April 15 Karaoke with Carlos
April 16 X-Men
April 22 All request disco, Stevie C
April 24 Barbecue and family fun day – Easter egg hunt 10am.
April 25 Mind, Body and Spirit fair
April 28 14-17 disco 7pm-11pm. ID needed, �2
April 29 Royal wedding, 11am, bacon baps and buck’s fizz, 11am to noon. Cocktails and canap�s mid afternoon with screenings of classic wedding films. Karaoke in the evening with wedding fancy dress or real wedding dresses. �20 for the day including food and some drinks.
April 30 Open mike night – music and comedy