Bungay pub’s spring events revealed
THE spring line-up of events has been unveiled at the Kings Head and Queens Jules in Bungay.
Tim and Julie Anderson took over the venue in November after leaving jobs with Norfolk County Council.
They are planning to have events most evenings to bring the historic building back to life.
“We have been very successful with the Friday evening karaoke and discos and have had bands and over 25 discos on Saturdays,” said Tim.
“We are now expanding the number of events with more midweek events and specials for the forthcoming bank holidays.
You may also want to watch:
“This includes alcohol free discos for 14 to 17-year-olds as there are few things geared up for that age group.”
The couple are also preparing for the summer season and the Bungay Festival.
- 1 'We had to take a chance': Bookshop defies the odds and launches in lockdown
- 2 Cattle farmer who was 'known across the country' dies aged 79
- 3 Collapsed footbridges replaced on popular walking route after six-year battle
- 4 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 5 Warning after 'three male youths' break into cars
- 6 Six-year-old taken to hospital after lorry collision
- 7 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 8 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 9 Family 'truly moved' as crowds remember building company founder
- 10 Appeal to trace missing man who was last seen in Norwich
“We wanted to provide people with a reason to come to the town and have a good night out in this beautiful building,” said Julie.
Here is the current events list for the rest of March and April.
Dancing in ballroom – Lindy Hop Mondays, Salsa Tuesdays, Mediterranean folk dancing Wednesdays.
Pool league –Tuesdays alternate weeks
Sing song – Sunday afternoons
March 25 All request disco with Stevie C
April 1 Karaoke with Carlos
April 2 Saturday Night Fever. Over 25s 70s and 80s disco. �3
April 3 Mothers’ Day afternoon tea – tea, sandwich, cake and scone and flowers. �7.50
April 8 All request disco with Stevie C
April 9/10 Battle of the Bands. Over 18s Saturday and under 18s Sunday. �5 per band entry. Entry forms from the Kings Head and Queens Jules.
April 15 Karaoke with Carlos
April 16 X-Men
April 22 All request disco, Stevie C
April 24 Barbecue and family fun day – Easter egg hunt 10am.
April 25 Mind, Body and Spirit fair
April 28 14-17 disco 7pm-11pm. ID needed, �2
April 29 Royal wedding, 11am, bacon baps and buck’s fizz, 11am to noon. Cocktails and canap�s mid afternoon with screenings of classic wedding films. Karaoke in the evening with wedding fancy dress or real wedding dresses. �20 for the day including food and some drinks.
April 30 Open mike night – music and comedy