Busy week of events at the Fisher Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Bungay’s own master poet Luke Wright is on stage at the Fisher Theatre this evening to present his own one-man show.
What I learned from Johnny Bevan is a funny and poetic monologue about the British relationship between class and politics told through an extraordinary friendship, and written by Wright. Tickets are £15 or £13 for concessions.
Tomorrow, Toyah Wilcox will grace the Bungay stage, with the full Toyah band. The uniquely gifted performer is outspoken, charismatic, impossible to categorise and one of Britain’s iconic household names, an award winning rock legend as well as a much loved stage and screen actress and music composer. This is a standing only show, at 8pm, with tickets £25.
Next Thursday evening the National Theatre Live presents As you Like It, Shakespeare’s glorious comedy of love and change. Rosalie Craig plays Rosalind. It is at 7pm and tickets are £12.
Fresh from a highly-acclaimed run at Edinburgh Fringe 2015, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot will come to the Fisher Theatre next Saturday, February 27.
You may also want to watch:
Based on Rebecca Crookshank’s time in the Royal Air Force serving Queen and country, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot charts her journey from basic training to the Falkland Islands.
From feeling low to flying high (literally, in a Tornado F3), this is a deeply moving, hilarious and heart-warming adventure.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 3 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 4 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 5 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 6 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 7 Harleston funeral service celebrates 10th anniversary
- 8 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 9 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 10 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
It starts at 7.30pm and tickets are £15 or £12 for concessions.
Tickets for all events at the Fisher are available through the website: www.fishertheatre.org or by calling the box office on 01986 897130.