Candlelit guitarist’s Christmas concert at Halesworth
- Credit: Archant
Richard Durrant, the UK’s only barefoot, stand-up, un-classical guitarist, is bringing his Christmas concert tour to Halesworth next week.
Delivering an eclectic show incorporating sounds, imagery, and commissioned artwork in a prismatic display that can best be described as an “everyman’s performance”, Durrant’s programmes are aimed at the popular as well as the fine.
And the UK’s busiest touring, virtuoso guitarist is now embarking on his annual, always-magical, candlelit Christmas concerts.
This year’s Christmas tour has even more sparkle as it includes music from Richard’s album, Christmas Guitars, featuring guest vocalist Amy Kakoura and the unmistakable voice of Barry Cryer.
The audience is promised both a musical and visual feast, with beautifully presented wintry music enhanced by specially commissioned projected imagery, tales from the road and lots of candles.
You may also want to watch:
The concert is at the New Cut, Halesworth, on Thursday, December 11, at 7.30pm.
Tickets £12, from the box office on 0845 673 2123.
- 1 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 2 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 3 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 4 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 5 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 6 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 7 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 8 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 9 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 10 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl