Cantor’s Theatre Schools celebrates 30 years
A THEATRE school which has been helping people take their first steps on the showbusiness ladder is celebrating its 30th anniversary with a special concert.
Cantor’s Theatre Schools have been operating successfully in north Suffolk since 1981.
It is run by comedy star Kenny Cantor, his wife Caron and daughter Shani.
On Sunday current students from both Lowestoft and Beccles will be performing at Beccles Public Hall with shows at 3pm and 6pm. Everyone is welcome to come along and see the shows. For more information and tickets telephone 01502 742011.
Kenny Cantor was the fifth generation of his family to be in show business.
You may also want to watch:
In a sparkling career the entertainer has toured with top stars including Sir Harry Secombe, Frankie Vaughan and Val Doonican.
A veteran of 54 pantomimes Kenny is currently presenting his one man show “Veterans of Variety” at theatres and other venues all over the country.
- 1 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 2 Global innovation award for farm that harnesses energy from cow muck
- 3 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 4 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 5 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch
- 6 Bungay Wave set to ripple through town in support of flooding victims
- 7 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 8 Laptop stolen from parked car in Beccles
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
His great love is working for charity and has received many awards including becoming a Freeman of the City of London and a member of the Grand Order of Water Rats achiving the honour of being named “Rat of the Year.”
Caron Cantor has appeared at the London Festival Ballat including four seasons with the famous ballet star Rudolf Nureyev.
She has also produced a number of summer seasons, pantomimes and cruise ship entertainment as well as producing shows at top theatres including the London Palladium and Her Majesty’s theatre, Drury Lane.
The couple’s 19-year-old daughter, Shani is also following in the family tradition and is currently a student at the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts in London studying musical theatre.
Shani also runs her own singing academy at Kessingland and returns to Suffolk every weekend to help aspiring singers.
The Cantors are delighted to pass on their own experiences to their students and take great delight in having performers who have passed through their schools currently working all over the world.