Cast take a trip Back to the 80s
- Credit: Archant
Tickets are now on sale for Rising Stars’ forthcoming production of Back to the 80s.
The cast of nine to 18-year-olds are busy putting the finishing touches to this nostalgia-packed musical which will be staged nightly at 7.30pm at Beccles Public Hall from Thursday, March 19 to Saturday, March 21.
Back to the 80s is the story of the senior class of William Ocean High School that graduated in the 1980s, as remembered and seen through the eyes of a now 40-something Corey Palmer.
Featuring songs such as Dancing on the Ceiling, Material Girl, Video Killed the Radio Star, Footloose, The Final Countdown and many more, this hilarious show is a trip down memory lane for anyone of a certain age.
And with full 80s hyper-colour costumes and a live band, this toe-tapping musical is suitable for all the family.
You may also want to watch:
Rising Stars is the youth section of Waveney Light Opera Group and although the cast are all of school age, they pride themselves on the high quality and professionalism of their performances. The group’s 2014 production of Les Misérables - School Edition has just been nominated for Best Youth Production 2014 and Best Technical Award by the National Operatic and Dramatic Association.
Tickets are priced at £10 for adults and £7.50 for under 18s, available from the Beccles Public Hall box office on 01502 770060.
- 1 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 2 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 3 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 4 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 5 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 6 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 7 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 8 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 9 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 10 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl