Chance to audition for Fisher youth group’s next show Les Misérables
- Credit: Archant
Young performers are being given the chance to perform in the popular musical Les Misérables with the Fisher Youth Theatre Group (FYTG).
The group will be performing the West End production to audiences in July, and auditions are being opened up to anyone aged 13 to 18 outside their membership.
Audition sessions will be held on Monday, January 9 and Monday, January 16 from 4.30pm to 6.45pm, with a casting session on Sunday, January 22 from 11am to 3pm.
Sell-out shows of Les Misérables have been staged in the West End for more than 20 years and the musical was made into a film in 2012, starring Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway, Russell Crowe and Eddie Redmayne.
It is the retelling of the French historical novel by Victor Hugo of the same name and was considered one of the greatest novels of the 19th Century.
You may also want to watch:
The story unfolds during the French Revolution and follows the lives and interactions of several characters, particularly the ex-convic Jean Valjean.
Fisher Theatre manager Laila France said: “It is a story of redemption, love and the revolution and is full of passion and idealism.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 5 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 6 Suffolk Covid rates declining, but increased deaths expected for next three weeks
- 7 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 8 Why some over 70s get the Covid vaccine before over 80s
- 9 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 10 Suffolk adhering to lockdown three restrictions as much as first lockdown, data shows
“We are calling all young actors and singers aged from 13 to 18 to take up this amazing opportunity to audition for our production at the Fisher Theatre, which will have a professional set from Scenic Projects and undoubtedly be as magnificent as our Sweeney Todd in set, costume and performance. Costume will be of the period and made by our wonderful wardrobe mistress.
“Get your French ideals out of the bag and fight for that wonderful part. We can’t wait to have you on board for what will undoubtedly be a very memorable FYTG show. This is one of the great musicals and having a production like this support the performance will make for a wonderful show.”
To prepare for the audition, particularly if you wish to be considered for a lead role, the group is asking each performer to learn a song which they enjoy and which suits their voice. Music can be taken along on a CD or Bluetooth device, or you can sing unaccompanied.
The show will be performed on Thursday, July 6, Friday, July 7, and Saturday, July 8 at 7.30pm, with a 2pm matinee on July 8.
To find out more email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Laila France on 07930345887.