Christmas shows at Bungay’s Fisher
- Credit: Archant
Dress in your finest hat and gloves, put on your winter coat and venture out to witness a night of cabaret set in a Victorian Christmas.
The Cabaret Pin Up Girls are back at the Fisher Theatre in Bungay, with a new show on Sunday, December 4. The evening programme of live music, singing, dancing and more is based on the old time music hall of the Victorian era.
Tickets for the evening cost £10 and include a glass of mulled wine and a mince pie.
More traditional Christmas entertainment comes to the Fisher on Thursday, December 8, in the form of the ballet, The Nutcracker, from The Royal Opera House.
A young girl’s enchanted present leads her on a wonderful adventure in this beautiful classical ballet, danced to Tchaikovsky’s magnificent score.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £12 each.
The popular open mic evenings at the Fisher have grown into a music showcase presenting local talent. The next showcase is on Wednesday, December 7. Limited tickets are available for £5, so anyone who would like to go is encouraged to book early.
- 1 Man suffers potentially life-threatening injuries in A145 collision
- 2 Hazardous materials scare as 'suspicious package' found at delivery centre
- 3 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 4 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 5 Renowned 'craft brewery' snapped up by trio of beer lovers
- 6 'Everyone knew' Suffolk journalist David Lennard in the towns he covered during long career
- 7 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 8 'No people, no money': Alpaca farmer tells of latest struggles
- 9 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 10 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
Meryl Streep and Hugh Grant star in the film Florence Foster Jenkins showing at the Fisher Theatre Cinema on Monday, December 5.
The story is of Florence Foster Jenkins, a New York heiress who dreamed of becoming an opera singer, despite having a terrible singing voice.
Tickets for all the shows are available on the door or pre-booked at Fisher Theatre box office open from 10am to 3pm, by calling 01986 897130 or online at www.fishertheatre.org.