Circus crew prepares for Beccles Halloween ball
- Credit: Archant
There is only a week to go until this year’s spectacular Beccles Halloween Ball gets under way.
This year’s theme is circus and a rather motley crew of side-show circus freaks and entertainers have been seen in the highways and byways leading to Beccles Public Hall for the party on Saturday, 31 October from 7pm until 11.30pm.
The event raised nearly £1,300 for Beccles Public Hall and the Lido in 2014 and this year the Glitterball team is hoping to smash this to support the Beccles Station project and Beccles NSPCC.
Glitterball chairman Alice Denham said: “Preparations are well under way and we’ve had some terrific support from local business including Nik Rose, the Beccles born graphic artist that designed our fantastic poster, a framed edition of which will be awarded to the best dressed on the night.
“Thanks also to the Wine Vaults who will be supporting our new cabaret cocktail bar and local poet, performer and MC for the evening Yanny Mac.
You may also want to watch:
“Since we announced our ITV talent show secret performer, we’ve been inundated with people wanting to know who – all I’ll say is, tonight Matthew, you won’t be disappointed with this absolute 80s heroine.
“Oh, and I almost forgot to mention the free arrival cocktail, a bearded lady and dying swan to get you in the mood – it’s crazy.”
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 4 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 5 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 6 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 9 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?
- 10 Can you help bring festive cheer to children in care this Christmas?
Tickets are still available from Beccles Public Hall box office at www.becclespublichall.org