Competition: Win tickets to the East Anglian Game & Country Fair with the Beccles & Bungay Journal
The Beccles & Bungay Journal has teamed up with the organisers of the East Anglian Game & Country Fair to offer our readers 10 pairs of tickets to this annual spectacular, being held at the Norfolk Showground in April.
The two-day family event, taking place on the weekend of April 16-17, will offer a packed day out with world-class attractions and hundreds of stalls.
Among those in the display arena will be six-times world champion hip-shooter John Bidwell, who will be performing his off-the-hip shooting demonstration.
World-famous horse behaviourist Richard Maxwell will giving demonstrations with some of his own horses and ponies, as well as working on a few problematic horses brought to the show by the public.
And leading freestyle mountain-bike stunt team Savage Skills will not only be giving a jaw-dropping display, but also running an experience area when show visitors of all ages can have a go.
You may also want to watch:
Around the showground there will be over 250 shopping stands, John Lewis fashion and beauty workshops, and cookery demonstrations from chefs Chris Coubrough, Franck Pontais and Alan Coxon.
Other attractions for fans of rural pursuits include the West Norfolk Hunt hound parade, country sports including clay shooting, fly fishing and mountain boarding, and advice from the Norfolk Poultry Club.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 4 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 5 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 6 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 7 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 8 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 9 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 10 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
For families, there will be children’s entertainers, an animal area and a free Treasure Trail.
There is also the popular Terrier and Lurcher Show (Sunday, 11am) which will be a championships qualifier.
Your own dog can participate in agility and jumping competitions, and there is a dog cr�che should they need a break!
Advance tickets are available now from www.ukgamefair.co.uk and 0871 230 1102, priced at �9.50 for adults, �4 for children (ages 5-16), and �27 for a family (two adults, three children). A weekend camping pass for four people is also available for �79.
How to enter:
Just answer the following question:
What is the name the international horse behaviourist who is appearing?
A: Richard the Lionheart
B: Richard Maxwell
C: Little Richard
Terms & conditions:
The competition closes on Monday April 11. The winners’ names will be chosen at random from all the correct answers and the editor’s decision is final. No cash alternative is available. Standard Archant competition rules also apply - follow the Terms & Conditions link on this website.