Country fair to feature a line-up of classic cars
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk estate has announced a “spectacular” line-up of classic cars to appear at its popular country fair.
Heveningham Hall’s Concours d’Elegance takes place this weekend featuring around 50 vintage vehicles dating back from 1904 to 2014.
The event, held as part of the Country Fair’s 20th anniversary, will see trophies designed by Suffolk sculptor Laurence Edwards awarded for best car in both pre and post-war categories.
Andrew Hall, of Heveningham Hall, said: “The inaugural Concours d’Elegance has attracted huge interested and, as a result, we are pleased to announce a line-up of spectacular cars dating from 1904 to 2014 – many of which enjoy an illustrious racing history - from Alfa Romeo to Vauxhall and everything in between.
“Whether you like vintage models from the likes of Aston Martin, Bentley and Mercedes-Benz or prefer modern supercars from marques such as Ferrari, McLaren and Bugatti, there really is something for everyone.”
You may also want to watch:
The annual Heveningham Hall Country Fair usually attracts around 15,000 visitors, with funds raised supporting local communities for village and school projects, church repairs and individual cases of need.
The fair will run from 10am to 5pm tomorrow and Sunday and will also include a tractor parade, monster trucks, aerobatics and much more.
- 1 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 2 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 3 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 4 English teacher's reading app disrupts market
- 5 Concerns over lack of coronavirus vaccine centres in north Suffolk
- 6 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 7 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 10 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
Bonham’s auction house will also be offering free valuations on subjects ranging from Chinese art to motor vehicles and a 10km run will take place on Sunday, raising money for Get Kids Going - a national charity that provides disabled children and young people with the opportunity to participate in sport.
For more information about tickets, visit www.countryfair.co.uk