Dance the night away at Valentine’s event
- Credit: Archant
A Valentine’s Dance Night with The Swing Commanders is being held at Beccles Public Hall tomorrow at 8pm.
The Swing Commanders take well crafted songs from the thirties to the fifties, from American songbook classics to western swing and novelty songs, and overlay them with lush vocal harmonies and hot solos.
The rhythms, varying from ballads to jive to quicksteps, will be perfect for a night of dance this Valentine’s.
The Swing Commanders have appeared at most of the UK’s top vintage and country music festivals and are loved by fans of jazz, country, swing and blues. They play all over the UK, regularly tour Europe and when they can, cross the pond to visit the US.
The band members have a wealth of musical experience, from bar room to classical concert hall, as well as an understanding of dance and theatre.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the dance evening with a difference cost £12 and can be purchased online at www.becclespublichall.com, by phone on 01502 770060 or from the box office open Monday to Saturday from 10am to 3pm.
The doors will open at 7.30pm with Beccles’ very own DJ Mark R’n’B Bale.
- 1 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 2 Man who set up cannabis farm warned he will be jailed
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 5 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 6 9 long walking trails to explore in Norfolk
- 7 Fire crews called out to bin fire at Bungay public toilets
- 8 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 9 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 10 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash