Dark satire comes to Bungay
A DARK satire that rips into the fa�ade of England's middle classes comes to Bungay on Sunday.The critically-acclaimed Black Ram Theatre Company comes to the town with their latest production, Abigail's Party.
A DARK satire that rips into the fa�ade of England's middle classes comes to Bungay on Sunday.
The critically-acclaimed Black Ram Theatre Company comes to the town with their latest production, Abigail's Party.
The play, by Mike Leigh, is set in 1977's British suburban wasteland with 15-year-old Abigail hosting her first party.
As the evening progresses, cracks in the veneer of the suburbanites begin to show, leading to a fractious and pompous civil war across a battlefield of spilt gin and blackened cigarette butts.
You may also want to watch:
The play exposes the obsessions, prejudices and manipulative competitiveness that lurk in the darkness of the human psyche.
It shows on Sunday and Tuesday, December 15 at 7.30pm. For tickets, call the box office on 01986 897130 or visit www.fishertheatre.org. Tickets are �10 or �8 for concessions.
- 1 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 2 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 3 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 5 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 6 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 7 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 8 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 9 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 10 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price