Dark satire comes to Bungay
A DARK satire that rips into the fa�ade of England's middle classes comes to Bungay on Sunday.The critically-acclaimed Black Ram Theatre Company comes to the town with their latest production, Abigail's Party.
A DARK satire that rips into the fa�ade of England's middle classes comes to Bungay on Sunday.
The critically-acclaimed Black Ram Theatre Company comes to the town with their latest production, Abigail's Party.
The play, by Mike Leigh, is set in 1977's British suburban wasteland with 15-year-old Abigail hosting her first party.
As the evening progresses, cracks in the veneer of the suburbanites begin to show, leading to a fractious and pompous civil war across a battlefield of spilt gin and blackened cigarette butts.
You may also want to watch:
The play exposes the obsessions, prejudices and manipulative competitiveness that lurk in the darkness of the human psyche.
It shows on Sunday and Tuesday, December 15 at 7.30pm. For tickets, call the box office on 01986 897130 or visit www.fishertheatre.org. Tickets are �10 or �8 for concessions.
- 1 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 2 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 3 How I became Ralph Fiennes' assistant on Netflix's The Dig
- 4 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 5 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 6 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 7 'Be vigilant' plea after rise in vehicle thefts
- 8 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 9 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 10 Frustration at delays to planned London-direct trains