'A buzz in the air' as lido reopens for 2022 with new additions
- Credit: Kate Wolstenholme
The Beccles Lido is making a splash as it reopens for the 2022 season with some exciting changes.
The popular open-air attraction is open seven days a week and it features a main and toddler pool, with both heated to 28C.
It is popular with locals and tourists alike and people must pre-book and pay for a session before they visit.
This includes lane swimming, Aquacise, family fun with the slide and springboard and lunchtime sessions with the giant inflatable Aquarun.
There are also memberships available, aimed at locals, which start at £37 a month and can be used across all sessions.
Ryan Holt, programming and marketing manager at Beccles Lido, said: "We are excited to be back, there is a buzz in the air of positivity and it is great to be able to put Beccles on the map."
The facilities at the lido have also undergone much needed renovations, with a new look for its changing rooms, café and kiosk.
- 1 Dinosaur spotted at Beccles Lido as part of Jurassic World film campaign
- 2 Town's popular card shop waves goodbye after five years
- 3 Fringe events start in run up to Beccles Food and Drink Festival
- 4 Through trains from East Suffolk to London still a long way off
- 5 Former Waveney MP Bob Blizzard dies aged 71
- 6 Drivers asked to avoid area after two-vehicle crash closes Suffolk road
- 7 New mayor looking to improve Bungay's economy
- 8 Centre's open day to feature opening of garden in GP's memory
- 9 Popular garden market to return to town centre after two-year absence
- 10 Dwile flonking returns as Suffolk claim victory over neighbours
The kiosk has a new menu, which includes jacket potatoes, paninis, chips and hot dogs alongside a range of vegan options and a selection of hot and cold drinks.
The Beccles Lido Ltd charity also operates the Big Dog Ferry, which will be back in action from this weekend and runs daily.
It takes visitors on a relaxing three-mile boat journey along the River Waveney from Beccles Lido to The Locks Inn Community Pub in Geldeston if you fancy some lunch.
The lido has also teamed up again with TheCanoeMan to offer paddleboarding, kayaking, canoeing and, new for 2022, rowing boats, available to hire daily.
Matt Day, general manager, said “It has been a busy few months, but we are raring to go and looking forward to being able to offer many great days out for locals and tourists here in Beccles."
Beccles Lido is open Monday to Saturday 7am to 9pm and 7am to 7pm on Sundays - book a session at beccleslido.com where you will also find links to book the Big Dog Ferry and TheCanoeMan activities.