Free parking in Beccles for Christmas lights switch on
- Credit: Nick Butcher
East Suffolk Council have confirmed plans for free parking in council owned car parks for the Beccles Christmas lights switch on.
The christmas lights switch on is happening this Friday (November 26) and is welcome relief after a fallow year because of the pandemic.
Four roads in town are being closed from 1pm to 10pm to create space for the stalls, with shops and businesses in town staying open late to make use of them.
The event will have street entertainment, market stalls, craft stalls, fairground rides and a stage, with live entertainment. There will also be carol singers, food vendors and even a Christmas trail in the town.
Cllr Norman Brooks, cabinet member for Transport said: “We are pleased to be offering free parking at council-owned car parks during the festive period once again, as part of a special programme agreed with the respective town councils across East Suffolk.
"We hope this encourages even more people to visit towns across the district, to enjoy the Christmas events and support local businesses.”
- 1 Family and friends raise £4,000 and walk in memory of Bungay man
- 2 Man's act of kindness to donate Christmas meals to vulnerable
- 3 Man taken to hospital after two vehicle crash in north Suffolk
- 4 'Destiny' of Bungay now in its own hands amid overhaul of services
- 5 Delight as town's Christmas Tree Festival is roaring success
- 6 Police release CCTV after Honda stolen from car park
- 7 Omicron - How it impacts region, local shops and public transport
- 8 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 9 'Fascinating craft' to be demonstrated during special exhibition
- 10 Celebrate Christmas while supporting charity at special concert