Preparations under way for town's Christmas Tree Festival
- Credit: Brenda Sigsworth
Preparations are well under way for the Hungate Christmas Tree Festival in Beccles which is happening this weekend.
The event has been running for 19 years and is the first to be held in person since 2019.
The Christmas trees this year are set to carry a theme of thankfulness, as we come out of the pandemic.
Brenda Sigsworth, coordinator said: "We are so pleased to have the real event back this year after our virtual trail last year.
"We are expecting around 2,000 to 3,000 visitors on Friday and during the weekend, right across the age spectrum from young to old.
"It is a real family occasion, it is loved in the town and it always gets people in the festive spirit."
The festival will start at 10am to 3.30pm and then 3.30pm to 9pm on Friday, November 26, at Hungate Church.
- 1 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 2 Wine dating back to 1960s discovered hidden at town store
- 3 Bungay Garden Market returns in full after two year absence
- 4 Joy as Cycle for Life charity ride marks milestone in style
- 5 Litter problem creating image Suffolk is a 'dirty county', tourism chiefs fear
- 6 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 7 Fringe events start in run up to Beccles Food and Drink Festival
- 8 Town's walk and talk scheme helps locals connect to the community
- 9 Drivers asked to avoid area after two-vehicle crash closes Suffolk road
- 10 Town's popular card shop waves goodbye after five years
It will then run on Saturday, November 27 from 9.20am to 4.30pm and then Sunday, November 27 from 12pm to 5pm.
Tickets are £2 with money raised going to local charities BACT, Ormiston Families and St Elizabeth Hospice.