Ducks getting ready for race
DUCKS around Beccles are at the beak of physical fitness as they train for next weekend's big race.The Beccles Duck Race, in its sixth year, takes place next Sunday at Beccles Quay.
DUCKS around Beccles are at the beak of physical fitness as they train for next weekend's big race.
The Beccles Duck Race, in its sixth year, takes place next Sunday at Beccles Quay.
The organisers have displayed photos of some of the ducks in training at the race website at www.becclesduckrace.org, and if you have any shots of your decorated ducks in training you are invited to send them to the web designer to be placed on the web site.
The race day takes place from 11am-5pm, with the race starting around 2.30pm.
As well as the race there will be activities including donkey rides, bouncy castles, live bands, a barbecue held by Beccles Lions, a bar, and displays.
Last year's ducks, large and small, will need a new neck tag to join this year's race. The Duck Race team will be at Tesco in the run up to the event for people to get their last minute ducks or re-launch tags. You can also drop your ducks off with the team ready for the race.
- 1 Festival of Suffolk torch relay reaches Waveney
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 New Asian restaurant already fully booked a week after opening
- 4 Suffolk drivers urged to use caution in Quiet Lanes amid growing scheme
- 5 Art gallery celebrating local talent to launch at site of former mill
- 6 Popular band preparing to celebrate best of British music in Beccles
- 7 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000
- 8 F1 star jumps out of plane over Suffolk town
- 9 Former bank could become vets to meet boom in pet ownership
- 10 Boost for Beccles Men's Shed with grant funding donation
Corporate duck owners can contact the team and they will pick them up if you desired.
There is still a little room left for stalls.