Beautiful wetland centre to host specialist garden fair
- Credit: Nick Butcher
An idyllic wetland centre in the heart of the Norfolk countryside is set to celebrate plant growers across the region at its latest fair.
Earsham Wetland Centre will host a specialist plant and garden fair on Saturday, September 1, from 10 am.
Trustee Ben Potterton explained the range of rural activities the fair will have in store.
He said: “Visitors will be able to join the Suffolk Punch Horse tail braiding demonstration, meet this year’s white stork chicks and hear about conservation initiatives or visit the art exhibition by the Eye Arts guild.
“The highlight for many will be meeting our newest resident, a nine-week-old orphaned fallow deer that has arrived to join our twin girls Susie and Twiggy.”
You may also want to watch:
The centre is situated just off the A143 near Bungay and is home to a variety of animals.
For more information on the event visit the Earsham Wetland Centre on Facebook.
- 1 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 2 School year group and bus passengers told to isolate after Covid case
- 3 What's opening in Waveney from May 17?
- 4 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 5 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 6 Spate of catalytic converter thefts from vehicles sparks warning
- 7 Tariff for housebuilders to protect East Suffolk habitats
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Man admits inflicting grievous bodily harm during altercation in Bungay
- 10 East Suffolk Council selects 2021 chairman
Entry to the site and the event is free.