Beautiful wetland centre to host specialist garden fair
- Credit: Nick Butcher
An idyllic wetland centre in the heart of the Norfolk countryside is set to celebrate plant growers across the region at its latest fair.
Earsham Wetland Centre will host a specialist plant and garden fair on Saturday, September 1, from 10 am.
Trustee Ben Potterton explained the range of rural activities the fair will have in store.
He said: “Visitors will be able to join the Suffolk Punch Horse tail braiding demonstration, meet this year’s white stork chicks and hear about conservation initiatives or visit the art exhibition by the Eye Arts guild.
“The highlight for many will be meeting our newest resident, a nine-week-old orphaned fallow deer that has arrived to join our twin girls Susie and Twiggy.”
The centre is situated just off the A143 near Bungay and is home to a variety of animals.
For more information on the event visit the Earsham Wetland Centre on Facebook.
- 1 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
- 2 'We've had parents in tears' - The church fighting school uniform poverty
- 3 Vandals damage fence and gate in night-time incident
- 4 Bungay Garden Market returns in full after two year absence
- 5 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 6 Joy as Cycle for Life charity ride marks milestone in style
- 7 Cadets head out for a week at sea
- 8 Inspirational Emma: “I feel very lucky to be alive”
- 9 Wine dating back to 1960s discovered hidden at town store
- 10 Town's popular card shop waves goodbye after five years
Entry to the site and the event is free.