Beautiful wetland centre to host specialist garden fair
- Credit: Nick Butcher
An idyllic wetland centre in the heart of the Norfolk countryside is set to celebrate plant growers across the region at its latest fair.
Earsham Wetland Centre will host a specialist plant and garden fair on Saturday, September 1, from 10 am.
Trustee Ben Potterton explained the range of rural activities the fair will have in store.
He said: “Visitors will be able to join the Suffolk Punch Horse tail braiding demonstration, meet this year’s white stork chicks and hear about conservation initiatives or visit the art exhibition by the Eye Arts guild.
“The highlight for many will be meeting our newest resident, a nine-week-old orphaned fallow deer that has arrived to join our twin girls Susie and Twiggy.”
You may also want to watch:
The centre is situated just off the A143 near Bungay and is home to a variety of animals.
For more information on the event visit the Earsham Wetland Centre on Facebook.
- 1 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 2 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 3 'Everyone knew' Suffolk journalist David Lennard in the towns he covered during long career
- 4 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 5 Latitude boss 'super confident' about 2021 events going ahead
- 6 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 7 Coronavirus case rates in Suffolk continue to fall below national average
- 8 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 9 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 10 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
Entry to the site and the event is free.