Embark on a musical journey at next Rising Stars show
- Credit: Archant
The Rising Stars theatre company is busy putting together the finishing touches to a musical extravaganza which is set to grace Beccles in July.
‘All Over the World’, which features a cast of nine to 17 year-olds, will take audience members on a journey far and wide through the continents, showcasing a number of songs, dances and colourful characters from all over the world.
With rehearsals only beginning in May, cast members have been meeting for six hours a week to rehearse, as well as putting in extra practice at home in order to bring the show up to the company’s high standards in a short space of time.
The cabaret-style show was written specially for Rising Stars, who will debut the new production on Friday, July 14 at Beccles Public Hall, before performing again on the following night, Saturday, July 15.
This latest set of performances will continue a long line of successful musical productions by Rising Stars, the youth section of the Waveney Light Opera Group.
You may also want to watch:
Since their first production in 2010, they have dazzled audiences with classics such as Les Misérables and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, whilst their three performaces of Seussical earlier this year were met with widespread praise amongst the local community.
Despite their young ages, the group pride themselves on high-quality and professional performances, something which has impressively been reflected by their appearance on the shortlist for Best Youth Production at the regional NODA (National Operatic and Dramatic Association) awards every year since they were formed.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 3 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 4 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 5 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 6 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 7 Suffolk Covid rates declining, but increased deaths expected
- 8 Council vows to find answers to flooding issue
- 9 Suffolk adhering to lockdown three restrictions as much as first lockdown, data shows
- 10 Why some over 70s get the Covid vaccine before over 80s
Catering for those aged between eight and 19, Rising Stars helps youngsters who wish to improve their abilities in all aspects of musical theatre, as well as develop essential life skills such as teamwork, interpersonal skills and management.
Tickets for ‘All Over the World’ are priced at just £6 for adults and £4 for under 18s, and can be purchased by visiting the Beccles Public Hall Box Office or by telephoning 01502 770060. Tickets can be also purchased online at any time from https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/becclespublichall.
For further details please visit the website www.wlogrisingstars.co.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org.