English composers at Halesworth concert
CAPTAIN Noah and His Floating Zoo by Joseph Horovitz is the main piece to be performed at an upcoming concert from the Halesworth Festival Voices.The concert takes place tomorrow, at the United Reformed Church in Quay Street, Halesworth, at 7.
CAPTAIN Noah and His Floating Zoo by Joseph Horovitz is the main piece to be performed at an upcoming concert from the Halesworth Festival Voices.
The concert takes place tomorrow, at the United Reformed Church in Quay Street, Halesworth, at 7.30pm.
It is a programme of light-hearted pieces by English composers, and will open with Ralph Vaughan Williams' In Windsor Forest, a cantata adapted from his opera Sir John in Love.
In the second half will be Edward Elgar's As Torrents In Summer and Standing In The Rain, by Sidney Carter, best known for his words to The Lord Of The Dance.
You may also want to watch:
Then to finish will be Captain Noah and His Floating Zoo, a cantata with words by Michael Flanders and music by Joseph Horovitz. The Voices will be accompanied by a jazz band.
Tickets are �6, which are available from the Halesworth Bookshop or on the door. Free soft drinks will be served during the interval.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 3 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 4 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 5 Tools stolen in spate of van break-ins
- 6 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 7 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 8 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 9 Picturesque Bungay retirement home officially Grade II listed
- 10 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles