English composers at Halesworth concert
CAPTAIN Noah and His Floating Zoo by Joseph Horovitz is the main piece to be performed at an upcoming concert from the Halesworth Festival Voices.The concert takes place tomorrow, at the United Reformed Church in Quay Street, Halesworth, at 7.
CAPTAIN Noah and His Floating Zoo by Joseph Horovitz is the main piece to be performed at an upcoming concert from the Halesworth Festival Voices.
The concert takes place tomorrow, at the United Reformed Church in Quay Street, Halesworth, at 7.30pm.
It is a programme of light-hearted pieces by English composers, and will open with Ralph Vaughan Williams' In Windsor Forest, a cantata adapted from his opera Sir John in Love.
In the second half will be Edward Elgar's As Torrents In Summer and Standing In The Rain, by Sidney Carter, best known for his words to The Lord Of The Dance.
You may also want to watch:
Then to finish will be Captain Noah and His Floating Zoo, a cantata with words by Michael Flanders and music by Joseph Horovitz. The Voices will be accompanied by a jazz band.
Tickets are �6, which are available from the Halesworth Bookshop or on the door. Free soft drinks will be served during the interval.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 4 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 5 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 6 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 9 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 10 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?