English composers at Halesworth concert
CAPTAIN Noah and His Floating Zoo by Joseph Horovitz is the main piece to be performed at an upcoming concert from the Halesworth Festival Voices.The concert takes place tomorrow, at the United Reformed Church in Quay Street, Halesworth, at 7.
CAPTAIN Noah and His Floating Zoo by Joseph Horovitz is the main piece to be performed at an upcoming concert from the Halesworth Festival Voices.
The concert takes place tomorrow, at the United Reformed Church in Quay Street, Halesworth, at 7.30pm.
It is a programme of light-hearted pieces by English composers, and will open with Ralph Vaughan Williams' In Windsor Forest, a cantata adapted from his opera Sir John in Love.
In the second half will be Edward Elgar's As Torrents In Summer and Standing In The Rain, by Sidney Carter, best known for his words to The Lord Of The Dance.
You may also want to watch:
Then to finish will be Captain Noah and His Floating Zoo, a cantata with words by Michael Flanders and music by Joseph Horovitz. The Voices will be accompanied by a jazz band.
Tickets are �6, which are available from the Halesworth Bookshop or on the door. Free soft drinks will be served during the interval.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 3 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 4 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 5 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 6 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 7 Council vows to find answers to flooding issue
- 8 Suffolk Covid rates declining, but increased deaths expected
- 9 Suffolk adhering to lockdown three restrictions as much as first lockdown, data shows
- 10 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences