Enjoy a trip up Beccles Bell Tower this summer
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Beccles Bell Tower will continue to be open to the public during June and July.
Visitors can count the number of steps to the top and enjoy the amazing views across the Waveney Valley. Visitors will also be given an informative guided tour, including a chance to see the bells.
The tower will be open next Saturday, June 3 and Saturday, June 10 from 10.30am to 4pm, with the last trip up at 3.45pm.
It will be closed on June 17 for a wedding, but will reopen the following weekend on June 24, from 10am to 12.30pm - although it will operate as an information point only.
It will then be open on July 1 and 2, as part of the town’s Charter Weekend, from 10am to 4.15pm on July 1, last trip up at 4pm, and from 11am to 3.15pm on July 2, last trip up at 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
The tower will be closed again on July 8 for a wedding, but will be open on July 15, July 22 and July 29 from 10.30am to 4pm, with the last trips at 3.45pm.
- 1 Cattle farmer who was 'known across the country' dies aged 79
- 2 Family 'truly moved' as crowds remember building company founder
- 3 Six-year-old taken to hospital after lorry collision
- 4 Warning after 'three male youths' break into cars
- 5 Collapsed footbridges replaced on popular walking route after six-year battle
- 6 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 7 Appeal to trace missing man who was last seen in Norwich
- 8 Bridge to be closed overnight with traffic diverted
- 9 'A rare proposition': Construction continues on new development
- 10 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash