Exciting shows unveiled in new Fisher programme
- Credit: Archant
September sees the launch of a new programme at Bungay’s Fisher Theatre.
Anyone who hasn’t got a copy can drop into the theatre to see the exciting shows on offer up until the New Year.
This weekend kicks off with a performance by Steemy Dan tomorrow night at 7.30pm. They return by popular demand as one of the best tribute bands around and will perform the timeless classics of Fagen and Becker. Tickets are £12 or £11.
On Monday, September 5, the Fisher Theatre Film is Carol (15) at 7.30pm. It is an adaptation of Patricia Highsmith’s novel, The Price of Salt, and is the story of two women from very different backgrounds who find themselves in a unexpected love affair in 1950s New York. Tickets are £5.
On Wednesday, September 7, the Music Showcase takes place from 7.30pm in the cellar. Talented musicians from all over the region book up early to play, with mainly roots, folk and country music. Admission is £5.
You may also want to watch:
And on Thursday, September 8, the theatre moves into the glamorous realm of The Rat Pack, led by swing singers Paul and Stephen Amer, joined by their live five piece band with brass section and singer Ellie Darnell. To add even further glamour to the event, their backing dancers will be recreating the opulence and pizzazz of Las Vegas Sands. Tickets are £16 or £15.
To book tickets for any of the shows call the box office on 01986 897130 or visit www.fishertheatre.org
- 1 Man suffers potentially life-threatening injuries in A145 collision
- 2 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 3 Hazardous materials scare as 'suspicious package' found at delivery centre
- 4 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 5 Renowned 'craft brewery' snapped up by trio of beer lovers
- 6 'Everyone knew' Suffolk journalist David Lennard in the towns he covered during long career
- 7 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 8 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 9 'No people, no money': Alpaca farmer tells of latest struggles
- 10 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
•Please note tonight’s Cuban Night with well-known musician and dancer Jose Ferrera has been cancelled.