Father and son folk act in Beccles
TOMORROW evening Beccles Helping Hands presents a night of folk with father and son act Ploughjockeys.Ploughjockeys are Joe and John Crowfoot, and have been performing as a duo for more than a decade.
TOMORROW evening Beccles Helping Hands presents a night of folk with father and son act Ploughjockeys.
Ploughjockeys are Joe and John Crowfoot, and have been performing as a duo for more than a decade.
Three years ago they released a CD entitled Goodbye Smokey Joe, which contains 12 original songs celebrating the Lowestoft herring industry and East Anglia's coastal heritage.
They have played on the main stage at the popular Great Yarmouth Maritime Festival for several years and have supported local good causes including the Waveney Centre in Beccles.
You may also want to watch:
The concert will include original compositions along with traditional songs and tunes, as well as sing-along numbers.
Joe is also a local artist.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 4 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 5 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 6 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 7 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 10 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
The show takes place at the Quaker Hall in Smallgate and doors open at 7pm. Tickets are �5 including a buffet during the interval. They are available from Saxons in Beccles or by calling 01502 716371.
All proceeds from the evening go to the Beccles Helping Hands charity.