Father and son folk act in Beccles
TOMORROW evening Beccles Helping Hands presents a night of folk with father and son act Ploughjockeys.Ploughjockeys are Joe and John Crowfoot, and have been performing as a duo for more than a decade.
TOMORROW evening Beccles Helping Hands presents a night of folk with father and son act Ploughjockeys.
Ploughjockeys are Joe and John Crowfoot, and have been performing as a duo for more than a decade.
Three years ago they released a CD entitled Goodbye Smokey Joe, which contains 12 original songs celebrating the Lowestoft herring industry and East Anglia's coastal heritage.
They have played on the main stage at the popular Great Yarmouth Maritime Festival for several years and have supported local good causes including the Waveney Centre in Beccles.
You may also want to watch:
The concert will include original compositions along with traditional songs and tunes, as well as sing-along numbers.
Joe is also a local artist.
- 1 School warning after social media post about girls being approached
- 2 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 3 Market town assault left victim 'quivering and shaking on the floor'
- 4 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 5 Assurances over £3m Station Yard project in Southwold
- 6 Woman's virtual head shave in memory of loved ones lost to cancer
- 7 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 8 Former prisoner of war nurse celebrated for her service
- 9 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 10 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
The show takes place at the Quaker Hall in Smallgate and doors open at 7pm. Tickets are �5 including a buffet during the interval. They are available from Saxons in Beccles or by calling 01502 716371.
All proceeds from the evening go to the Beccles Helping Hands charity.