Fisher line-up offers shows for all tastes
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A star studded cast including Kate Beckinsale and Stephen Fry will appear in the film Love and Friendship showing at the Fisher Theatre, Bungay, on Monday.
The film, presented by Bungay Film Club, is an adaptation of Jane Austen’s novella, Lady Susan, an attractive young widow who seeks refuge with her sister-in-law from scandalous rumours. Tickets are £5 and £2.50 for Film Club members.
The regular Music Showcase at the Fisher is going from strength to strength and the next one to take place in the theatre’s atmospheric cellar is on Wednesday.
The venue has recently had a total sound and lighting refurbishment, and with a new offering of light snacks throughout the evening, it’s a night to sit back and appreciate the local talent on show. As space is limited it is advisable to book in advance, tickets are £5.
By contrast on Thursday, National Theatre live presents Amadeus at the Fisher. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, a rowdy young prodigy, arrives in Vienna determined to make a splash. This is the story of court composer Antonio Salieri, who is awestruck by his genius, and has the power to promote his talent or destroy it. Tickets are £12.
An evening of cabaret songs performed by Roger Eno, John Goddard and Paddy Shaw is promised by Cellar Nights next Friday, February 3.
Great music, wacky humour and merriment are on the programme for a relaxed performance from these professional musicians.
- 1 Chancellor and health secretary dramatically quit
- 2 Vital new community bus service launches to help isolated get out and about
- 3 Family fun day on town meadow hailed a hit
- 4 Hidden aspects of Beccles uncovered in new book
- 5 Have you seen artist's phenomenal sculptures made from cutlery?
- 6 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 7 7 of the prettiest cafes in Suffolk
- 8 Beccles school appoints new headteacher
- 9 Former professional dressage rider died in four-vehicle motorcycle crash
- 10 Two children cause damage after throwing stones at vehicles
There are limited spaces so book early, tickets are £8.50 and £4 for students.
To book seats for all shows call in at the box office, open Monday to Saturday from 10am to 3pm, call 01986 897130 or visit the Fisher Theatre website at www.fishertheatre.org