Fisher line-up offers shows for all tastes
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A star studded cast including Kate Beckinsale and Stephen Fry will appear in the film Love and Friendship showing at the Fisher Theatre, Bungay, on Monday.
The film, presented by Bungay Film Club, is an adaptation of Jane Austen’s novella, Lady Susan, an attractive young widow who seeks refuge with her sister-in-law from scandalous rumours. Tickets are £5 and £2.50 for Film Club members.
The regular Music Showcase at the Fisher is going from strength to strength and the next one to take place in the theatre’s atmospheric cellar is on Wednesday.
The venue has recently had a total sound and lighting refurbishment, and with a new offering of light snacks throughout the evening, it’s a night to sit back and appreciate the local talent on show. As space is limited it is advisable to book in advance, tickets are £5.
By contrast on Thursday, National Theatre live presents Amadeus at the Fisher. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, a rowdy young prodigy, arrives in Vienna determined to make a splash. This is the story of court composer Antonio Salieri, who is awestruck by his genius, and has the power to promote his talent or destroy it. Tickets are £12.
You may also want to watch:
An evening of cabaret songs performed by Roger Eno, John Goddard and Paddy Shaw is promised by Cellar Nights next Friday, February 3.
Great music, wacky humour and merriment are on the programme for a relaxed performance from these professional musicians.
- 1 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 2 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 3 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 4 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
- 5 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 7 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 8 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 9 Hunt for man who deliberately drove Mercedes into cyclist
- 10 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
There are limited spaces so book early, tickets are £8.50 and £4 for students.
To book seats for all shows call in at the box office, open Monday to Saturday from 10am to 3pm, call 01986 897130 or visit the Fisher Theatre website at www.fishertheatre.org