Fisher Theatre hosts short plays
INTERNATIONAL star Susan McCann, Ireland’s first lady of country music, will be at the Fisher Theatre at Bungay this evening, Friday. Tickets are �13.
Saturday evening EyesWrite brings together local playwrights and local actors to lift the lid on eight new short plays, all sharing the theme of the coffin.
But despite the title they are plays set to make the audience laugh – they are thought-provoking, though the odd tear may be shed, as they underline the fun in funeral.
All eight are stimulating and varied. There are performances at 2.30pm and 7.30pm, with tickets �8 (concessions �6).
The half-term series of lunch-time film shows for young people continues today, at 1pm, with Toy Story 3. Admission is �2.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for all events at the Fisher can be booked on 01986 897130, or via the website: www.fishertheatre.org
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 3 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 4 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 5 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 6 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 7 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 8 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 9 Harleston funeral service celebrates 10th anniversary
- 10 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow