Fisher Youth Theatre Group take on extraordinary tale
- Credit: Archant
There are still tickets available for Clown Noir presenting Nose Business tonight at the Fisher Theatre in Bungay.
Starting at 7.30pm, the show is an hour-long physical comedy with some clown, storytelling and circus skills. Tickets are £7.
Also today a new exhibition from Mike Stokes and Philip Walmsley goes up called Level & Line. They ask the question ‘What is actually level and to what accuracy is level defined?’ The exhibition will run from tomorrow until July 13 in the Gallery Upstairs between 1pm and 3pm Monday to Saturday and when shows are on.
Tomorrow, the theatre is screening Lady in the Van again for all those who missed the first showing. The film will start at 7.30pm and tickets are £5.
From Thursday, June 23 to Saturday, June 25, the seniors from Fisher Youth Theatre Group take to the stage with the extraordinary tale of Gargantua by Carl Grose. Playing at 7.30pm each night(matinee cancelled), tickets are £8 and £6. The play is a challenge to perform because it requires the presence of a giant baby the size of a church on stage, characters must be scooped-up and carried off, others are eaten or squashed and a scene depicting the arrival of Gargantua into the world poses a whole set of challenges.
You may also want to watch:
And on Monday, June 27, at 6.30pm, the Glyndebourne Encore of Il Barbiere di Siviglia hits the screen. The production starts with two Glyndebourne favourites: internationally acclaimed lyric soprano Danielle de Niese as Rosina and Italian buffo baritone Alessandro Corbelli as Dr Bartolo. Tickets are £12. To book any of the shows call 01986 897130 or visit www.fishertheatre.org
- 1 Appeal to trace owner after gold ring is found
- 2 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 3 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 4 Town's post office to close within a month
- 5 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 6 How do Tier 1 areas like Cornwall compare to Suffolk?
- 7 Cyclist attacks car with handlebars and threatens driver
- 8 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 9 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 10 Merger plans unveiled for four pupil referral unit schools