Five performers lined up for Halesworth’s spoken word and music day
- Credit: Archant
An eclectic treat of spoken word and music is being held at The Cut in Halesworth on Sunday, May 7.
Starting at 2pm, the event will climax with a special evening performance by one of the UK’s best cutting-edge performance poets, Attila the Stockbroker.
First on is John’s Ward’s magical, narrative poem ‘The Iron Bridge’, the tale of an East Coast town, whose characters and history interweave backwards and forwards through the centuries, read by renowned storyteller, Andy Jennings.
Martin Newell, poet, musician, and columnist follows reading two of his epic poems Black Shuck and The Green Children (of Woolpit) accompanied by original music composed by members of The Hosepipe Band and played on an array of instruments.
After a break, during which refreshments can be purchased in the café bar, the evening session will open with songs that reflect the themes of the day with the rich harmonies and stirring lyrics of the John Ward Trio.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, hang on to your seats for the force of nature that is Attila the Stockbroker, sure to bring the day to an exuberant end with humour, passion and pathos.
Tickets for the mini festival are £18
For more details visit www.newcut.org
- 1 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 2 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 3 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 4 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 5 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 6 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 7 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 8 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 9 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 10 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day