Five piece jazz band return to The Cut
- Credit: Archant
‘World jazz’ band Pangaea will be returning to The Cut in Halesworth tonight.
The five piece band formed in 2010 by distinguished local saxophonist Dave Ingham, play groove orientated music inspired by African, Middle Eastern, European and Latin American traditions allied to the late 60s experimental approach of Pharoah Sanders, Yusef Lateef and Mulatu Astatke.
The band’s line-up will feature Dave Ingham, tenor and soprano saxophones/piano, Stephen Mynott on guitar, Rebecca Waller on violin, Vilem Hais double bass and Azzy King on the drums.
The concert will be held tonight at 7.30pm in the auditorium of The Cut.
Tickets cost £8.50 and are available on the door, from the box office on 0845 673 2123 or by visiting http://newcut.org/events/entry/3771
You may also want to watch:
More information and film of the band can be seen at http://www.davidingham.co.uk/band
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 3 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 5 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 6 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 9 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 10 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles