Five piece jazz band return to The Cut
- Credit: Archant
‘World jazz’ band Pangaea will be returning to The Cut in Halesworth tonight.
The five piece band formed in 2010 by distinguished local saxophonist Dave Ingham, play groove orientated music inspired by African, Middle Eastern, European and Latin American traditions allied to the late 60s experimental approach of Pharoah Sanders, Yusef Lateef and Mulatu Astatke.
The band’s line-up will feature Dave Ingham, tenor and soprano saxophones/piano, Stephen Mynott on guitar, Rebecca Waller on violin, Vilem Hais double bass and Azzy King on the drums.
The concert will be held tonight at 7.30pm in the auditorium of The Cut.
Tickets cost £8.50 and are available on the door, from the box office on 0845 673 2123 or by visiting http://newcut.org/events/entry/3771
You may also want to watch:
More information and film of the band can be seen at http://www.davidingham.co.uk/band
- 1 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 2 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 3 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 4 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 5 'Greedy' burglars who targeted community facilities in £122,000 crime spree are jailed
- 6 Anger as trees felled on common as part of 'management plan'
- 7 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 8 Temporary Post Office opens after town centre branch closes
- 9 Man snared by vigilante paedophile hunters avoids jail
- 10 Police concerned for welfare of missing man