Beccles Food and Drink Festival postponed due to Covid
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
The annual Beccles Food and Drink Festival, which was originally scheduled to take place at the end of May, has been postponed due to coronavirus restrictions.
The festival, which is usually popular across the town, has been postponed until Saturday, August 14.
Festival organisers say postponement allows all involved to plan accordingly, minimises business disruption and allows them to make a final go/no go decision in early summer, when hopefully the path to exiting the pandemic will be much clearer.
In a statement on the website, organisers said: "With continuing uncertainty over the timetable for relaxing COVID-19 restrictions, holding our event in any format at the end of May no longer seems viable.
"Social distancing, in particular, is a show stopper for us when the majority of our stalls are outside in public areas around New Market and Sheepgate.
You may also want to watch:
"The health and safety of our visitors, stall holders and helpers will always be our top priority.
"We hope to welcome you back to the festival this August but, failing that, we will return to our normal slot of Saturday, May 28, 2022.
- 1 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 2 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 3 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 4 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 5 'Increased demand' but waits 'subsiding' at local heating oil company
- 6 Man suffered double jaw fracture in Norwich bar attack
- 7 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 8 Health watchdog's concerns over 87-year-old's hospital discharge
- 9 Pickup truck, trailer and quad bike stolen from rural property
- 10 Calls to volunteer for St Elizabeth Hospice