Beccles Food and Drink Festival postponed due to Covid
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
The annual Beccles Food and Drink Festival, which was originally scheduled to take place at the end of May, has been postponed due to coronavirus restrictions.
The festival, which is usually popular across the town, has been postponed until Saturday, August 14.
Festival organisers say postponement allows all involved to plan accordingly, minimises business disruption and allows them to make a final go/no go decision in early summer, when hopefully the path to exiting the pandemic will be much clearer.
In a statement on the website, organisers said: "With continuing uncertainty over the timetable for relaxing COVID-19 restrictions, holding our event in any format at the end of May no longer seems viable.
"Social distancing, in particular, is a show stopper for us when the majority of our stalls are outside in public areas around New Market and Sheepgate.
You may also want to watch:
"The health and safety of our visitors, stall holders and helpers will always be our top priority.
"We hope to welcome you back to the festival this August but, failing that, we will return to our normal slot of Saturday, May 28, 2022.
- 1 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 2 Family of cardiac arrest victim donates defibrillator in mother's memory
- 3 Public urged to take Covid test if not feeling 100%
- 4 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 7 Man has jaw broken following punch at Latitude Festival
- 8 Geldeston Locks Inn pub near Beccles temporarily closes due to Covid
- 9 Wanted Waveney man may be in London
- 10 Youngsters aged 12 to 18 to begin receiving Covid vaccinations