Getting warmed up for a festival at the ferry
- Credit: Archant
Ferryfest are hosting a warm up event to get festival supporters in the mood for the main festival in September at The Reedham Ferry showcasing five of many of the acts you can catch at Ferryfest 2014.
It’s being held at the characteristic and beautiful Loddon Mill Arts next Friday, July 11, for a must see night of live local talent with Banjax, Addison’s Uncle, Little Red Kings, The Anyones and Grant Ley.
Tickets are available directly from Loddon Mill, Rosy Lee’s Tearoom and UEA Box Office.
Profits from the night will be going to Chedgrave MS Therapy.
The warm up gig’s venue is a Grade 2 listed Victorian Watermill overlooking the River Chet on the south Norfolk broads in Loddon, with a licensed bar run with a selection of Adnams beers.
You may also want to watch:
The line up for the night is:
Banjax - punk/ska/reggae/mango band from east Norfolk that just like making people dance.
- 1 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 2 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 3 'Everyone knew' Suffolk journalist David Lennard in the towns he covered during long career
- 4 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 5 Hazardous materials scare as 'suspicious package' found at delivery centre
- 6 Latitude boss 'super confident' about 2021 events going ahead
- 7 Man suffers potentially life-threatening injuries in A145 collision
- 8 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 9 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 10 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
Addison’s Uncle – Stampy five piece modern English folk band combining local story telling with vocal harmonies, guitars, fiddle, ukulele and bass.
Little Red Kings – Combine a gritty, down-to-earth quality that evokes Kings Of Leon and Raconteurs with elements of pop that appeal to all ages.
The audience is also being treated to a special two piece acoustic performance from Jason and Dougie.
The Anyones - A pop duo from Great Yarmouth- both 18 years old! They’ve been together for just over a year and have worked hard to build up a name across the east of England.
Grant Ley – Norwich based singer songwriter with his debut EP ‘Just Saying’ hitting seventh place in the iTunes chart and is becoming a recognisable name across Norfolk.