‘Golden Boy’ Jess brings a slice of the 1960s to Beccles
- Credit: Archant © 2011
Jess Conrad, OBE, will be offering us a delicious “Slice of the 60s” tonight at Beccles Public Hall.
Supported by talented girl duo, The Sequins, it’s sure to be a really entertaining night at the Hall.
Tickets are £10 to see Golden Boy of the 60s plus 60s girl duo, The Sequins, at 8pm (doors open at 7.30pm).
Purchase tickets on-line at www.becclespublichall.com visit the Box Office today or get your tickets on the night.
Looking for more 60s nostalgia? Why not book The Honeycombs who will be performing at the Hall on Saturday, August 23. Come and meet the band. Tickets are £14.
You may also want to watch:
• From Wednesday to Friday, August 20 to 22, 10am to 3pm daily, there will be an exhibition of First World War photos and memorabilia at the Hall, admission £2. The Royal British Legion will receive half of all the entry fees and the other half will go towards the Hall Restoration Fund.
The exhibition centres on the life of a Tank Commander, one Captain Albert E Parker who not only treasured his own personal items relating to his war-time duties but happened to save a very large number of fascinating photos from the Western Front. These document the struggles of the lives of the ordinary soldiers during their harsh existence.
- 1 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 2 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 3 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 4 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 5 How I became Ralph Fiennes' assistant on Netflix's The Dig
- 6 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 7 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 8 More than 100 people volunteer for health centre's 'amazing' vaccine rollout
- 9 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 10 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
This is a rare opportunity to view these fascinating items.
Durrants Auction Rooms have Mark Whistler, their expert on firearms and militaria at the Hall each day, from 11am to 2pm for free valuations - so please bring along your items.