‘Golden Boy’ Jess brings a slice of the 1960s to Beccles
- Credit: Archant © 2011
Jess Conrad, OBE, will be offering us a delicious “Slice of the 60s” tonight at Beccles Public Hall.
Supported by talented girl duo, The Sequins, it’s sure to be a really entertaining night at the Hall.
Tickets are £10 to see Golden Boy of the 60s plus 60s girl duo, The Sequins, at 8pm (doors open at 7.30pm).
Purchase tickets on-line at www.becclespublichall.com visit the Box Office today or get your tickets on the night.
Looking for more 60s nostalgia? Why not book The Honeycombs who will be performing at the Hall on Saturday, August 23. Come and meet the band. Tickets are £14.
You may also want to watch:
• From Wednesday to Friday, August 20 to 22, 10am to 3pm daily, there will be an exhibition of First World War photos and memorabilia at the Hall, admission £2. The Royal British Legion will receive half of all the entry fees and the other half will go towards the Hall Restoration Fund.
The exhibition centres on the life of a Tank Commander, one Captain Albert E Parker who not only treasured his own personal items relating to his war-time duties but happened to save a very large number of fascinating photos from the Western Front. These document the struggles of the lives of the ordinary soldiers during their harsh existence.
- 1 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 2 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 3 Mother’s ‘living hell’ after son dies despite 15 GP visits in under four months
- 4 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 5 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 6 Town's post office to close within a month
- 7 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 8 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 9 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 10 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
This is a rare opportunity to view these fascinating items.
Durrants Auction Rooms have Mark Whistler, their expert on firearms and militaria at the Hall each day, from 11am to 2pm for free valuations - so please bring along your items.