Great night, One Way or Another, at Public Hall
- Credit: Archant
The music of one of the greatest bands of all time is being brought to Beccles next Saturday for an unforgettable night of music and video.
One Way or Another are a superb tribute to Blondie in a show described by Radio 4 producer Susan Marling as “one of the most sound-alike and look-alike Blondie tributes ever”.
The audience will be treated to songs from 1974 to 2014, recreating not only the sound of Blondie but also the amazing look with the use of specially-acquired footage from the USA and numerous costume changes.
The event is part of One Way or Another’s 2015 Blondie Greatest Hits Tribute Tour and celebrates 40 years of memorable hits, including Atomic, Heart of Glass, Sunday Girl, Tide is High, Hanging on the Telephone and Denis.
Blondie shot to fame in the late 1970s, and in 1999 the New York band scored a UK number one hit with Maria, almost 20 years after their previous one.
You may also want to watch:
Lorraine Hickleton takes on the role of Debbie Harry and has worked hard to perfect the original and has even featured on national radio to represent the tribute bands of Blondie.
Tickets for the event at Beccles Public Hall on March 28 are still available at £12 and £11 for concessions and can be bought at www.becclespublichall.com or from the box office on 01502 770060. Doors open at 7.30pm.
- 1 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 2 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 3 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 4 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 5 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 6 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 7 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 8 Stars of Norfolk and Waveney 2021: A look back at last year's winner
- 9 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 10 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more