Halesworth High Tide Festival announce exciting cast
THE director of Halesworth’s High Tide Festival has announced an exciting cast for this year’s 10-day event.
The festival, which began in 2007, has made a name for itself in launching fresh and emerging playwrights and contemporary theatre.
Now in its fifth year, it will be held between Thursday, April 28 until Sunday, May 8.
The festival opens with the European premiere of Dusk Rings a Bell, an American play about reigniting a teenage romance written by the talented Stephen Belber and starring Paul Blair.
Former poet laureate Andrew Motion will also make his debut as a playwright with a controversial work about the war in Afghanistan. Incoming tells the story of Danny played by Christian Bradley, a soldier who was killed in Afghanistan and is a powerful examination of how hard it can be for those left behind and the disturbing issues of war.
You may also want to watch:
Eagerly awaited production Nicked, a story of today’s government will see Alexander Delamere play Gordon Brown, Sam Hodges as David Cameron and Jason Langley portraying Nick Clegg, while Diana Quick returns to the festival in the play Midnight Your Time.
Tickets for all four plays are �14.50 for adults and �11.50 for concessions. There will also be a limited amount of �10 day seats.
- 1 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 2 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 3 Manager's tears of happiness at hotel accolade
- 4 Refurbishment of 'incredibly important structure' confirmed
- 5 Town's post office to close within a month
- 6 Care home bosses welcome proposed roll-out of rapid covid tests
- 7 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 8 Theatre to end first socially-distanced season with award-winning duo
- 9 Six million PPE items arriving in Suffolk found to be unsafe
- 10 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
For more information about the dates and times of all productions log on to www.hightide.org.uk or call 0207 566 9780 to book.