Popular light festival celebrating changing seasons returns for third year
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A market town will once again be illuminated with light and song as a mini-festival celebrating the coming light of spring returns for a third year.
The WinterLight Festival will take place in Halesworth on Saturday, February 17.
It is a collaboration between the town’s library, Halesworth Millennium and the Oxblood Mollies and is designed to bring the community together in celebration of the change of seasons.
Attendees are being advised to wrap up warm and wear sturdy shoes for the magical evening which will see a the Mollies lead a lantern-lit procession from Halesworth Library to Millennium Green from 4.30pm to 6pm.
A festival spokesman said: “Winter dark days can be dreary but the festival uses the darkness to make mystery and fun.”
You may also want to watch:
A special lantern making workshop will take place at the library on Wednesday, February 14, between 2.30pm and 4pm.
For more details contact the library on 01986 875 095.
- 1 Appeal to trace owner after gold ring is found
- 2 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 3 Welcome to our new website
- 4 Missing pregnant woman found
- 5 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 6 ‘Taking a battering’: medical centre boss reveals public’s treatment of exhausted staff
- 7 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 8 ‘A true gentleman’ - Tributes paid to popular fish merchant, pub landlord and Freemason
- 9 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 10 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk