Heading back to Swinging Sixties at Marina Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Get ready to head back to the early 60s when hemlines were short and the Beatles were the band of the moment.
Dreamboats and Miniskirts is the sequel to the hugely popular musical Dreamboats and Petticoats and takes to the stage at Lowestoft’s Marina Theatre next week.
Produced by the same team behind the original, Dreamboats And Miniskirts will take audiences back to the music and magic of the 1960s featuring wit, charm and great songs.
It’s 1963 and we meet three young couples living in a changing world. Bobby and Laura’s bid for musical stardom has not taken off, Norman and Sue are living together with their young baby while Ray and Donna seem blissfully happy.
Will the advent of the Beatles inspire Bobby and Laura to have one more shot at stardom, Norman to find that singing voice he has longed for, and Ray to realise his ambition and manage a really top pop act?
You may also want to watch:
The production features a host of classic hits including Twist and Shout, Pretty Woman, All I Have To Do Is Dream, Do You Love Me and It’s In His Kiss.
Performances start on Monday until Saturday with evening shows at 7.30pm and 2.30pm matinees on Monday and Wednesday.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 3 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 4 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 5 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 6 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 7 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 8 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 9 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
- 10 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more
To book seats call the box office on 01502 533200 or online at www.marinatheatre.co.uk