Heading back to Swinging Sixties at Marina Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Get ready to head back to the early 60s when hemlines were short and the Beatles were the band of the moment.
Dreamboats and Miniskirts is the sequel to the hugely popular musical Dreamboats and Petticoats and takes to the stage at Lowestoft’s Marina Theatre next week.
Produced by the same team behind the original, Dreamboats And Miniskirts will take audiences back to the music and magic of the 1960s featuring wit, charm and great songs.
It’s 1963 and we meet three young couples living in a changing world. Bobby and Laura’s bid for musical stardom has not taken off, Norman and Sue are living together with their young baby while Ray and Donna seem blissfully happy.
Will the advent of the Beatles inspire Bobby and Laura to have one more shot at stardom, Norman to find that singing voice he has longed for, and Ray to realise his ambition and manage a really top pop act?
The production features a host of classic hits including Twist and Shout, Pretty Woman, All I Have To Do Is Dream, Do You Love Me and It’s In His Kiss.
Performances start on Monday until Saturday with evening shows at 7.30pm and 2.30pm matinees on Monday and Wednesday.
- 1 Weather warning extended as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 2 Amazing pictures of the impact of heatwave captured from microlight
- 3 Town's real ale pub launches new menu with 'something for everyone'
- 4 'Bus week' scheme to protect 'lifeline' route in town
- 5 Care home's failings continue after damning report reveals abuse fears
- 6 Firefighters plea to not use sky lanterns as one lands near large field
- 7 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 8 New minister appointed for Beccles Salvation Army
- 9 Challenging future for high streets amid fall in shoppers
- 10 Beccles mother publishes new children's book
To book seats call the box office on 01502 533200 or online at www.marinatheatre.co.uk