Horror film festival launches in Lowestoft today
- Credit: Archant
Today sees the start Lowestoft’s first ever full scale Horror Film Festival, Horror On Sea East which runs daily from 10am – midnight until Sunday.
Featuring a selection of new independent horror films from the UK and across the globe, the films are set to shock, amaze and astound as 19 short and 18 full feature films screened during the event.
In addition film director and horror make up and effects specialist Pat Higgins will be conducting a special master-class entitled Blood, Guts and Real Gore on Saturday which has free admission to those purchasing Film Festival tickets.
Pat wrote and directed films, KillerKiller and Hellbride, before branching out with award-winning mockumentary The Devil’s Music and was the original writer and creator of international cinema release Strippers vs Werewolves.
He is the co-creator of the Death Tales series of films, (Bordello Death Tales, Nazi Zombie Death Tales) with Jim Eaves and Al Ronald. He also blogs for Huffington Post and has just finished work on his latest screenplay, Your Lying Eyes.
As an inaugural event the venue is keen to make the festival as accessible as possible therefore each main film, accompanied by a short film is priced at £5 with a day pass allowing people to view all films priced at £20 and an opportunity to see every film over three days for just £50 with a three day festival pass.
Festival creator Paul Cotgrove said: “The Horror-on-Sea Film Festival specialises in screening the very best of independent horror films from the UK and the rest of the world.”
- 1 Challenging future for high streets amid fall in shoppers
- 2 Motorcyclist injured after crash in busy Suffolk road
- 3 Care home's failings continue after damning report reveals abuse fears
- 4 Latest 'festival-style' market to take place next month
- 5 Holiday business owner fined over £5k after 'excessive waste' found at site
- 6 Five-bedroom country house with 'secret garden' on sale for £1.25m
- 7 New minister appointed for Beccles Salvation Army
- 8 Camera club showcases best of town's efforts
- 9 Knitters set to hit 'gorgeous' beach for Stitches on the Sand
- 10 Four taken to hospital after crash involving ambulance on A146
Trailers and synopsis for individual films can be viewed via the Theatre’s website at www.marinatheatre.co.uk and tickets can also be purchased through the site or by calling the box office on 01502 533200.