Jazz ensemble prepares for debut Fisher Theatre performance
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The Midnite Voyage jazz ensemble will be making their debut at the Fisher Theatre in Bungay next week.
The band, based in Lowestoft, prides itself on having an extensive repertoire, and will be performing in the theatre’s cellar on Friday, August 18.
Ranging from The Beatles to Jimmy Smith, John Coltrane to Jaco Pastorius, Sade to Billie Holiday, bebop to funk, blues to smooth jazz and many genres in between, the band offers something for everyone.
A quintet of five core members, the band has recently gained regular gigs in Bungay, performing at the Green Dragon, and acquiring a monthly Friday slot at the Fleece.
The Fisher gig will start at 7.30pm, and include a trio of numbers featuring guitar and vocals.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets costing £8.50 are available from the Fisher Theatre by calling 01986 897130.
For more information about the band visit their website at midnitevoyage.band
- 1 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 2 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 3 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 4 How I became Ralph Fiennes' assistant on Netflix's The Dig
- 5 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 6 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 7 Frustration at delays to planned London-direct trains
- 8 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 9 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 10 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency