Join a show to celebrate the king of rock and roll
HOT on the heels of the success of Guys and Dolls, Beccles-based Waveney Light Opera Group will be inviting everybody to rock, roll and stomp their feet to the beat of The King, Elvis Presley’s music in Beccles when they hold a preview evening for the next production All Shook Up on Wednesday.
Set in America in the 1950s, All Shook Up is a delightful, fun tale, set to the music of Elvis Presley. Surprisingly too it includes some lesser known Elvis songs drawn from his movies to complement the story.
It tells the romantic tale of how a young girl’s dreams become reality when a mysterious, leather-jacketed stranger arrives and turns the town upside down with his hip-swivelin’, lip-curlin’ and sexy song singin’.
The small town discovers the magic of romance and the power of rock ‘n’ roll as their lives are changed forever.
“It is a huge, but exciting challenge to direct a brand new show that has been performed only a few times in this country,” explained John Cushing, stage director.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m really looking forward to having the opportunity. The music really is stunning – so much at odds with conventional musical theatre. This is rock gospel at its best, and I’m hoping that our auditions in a couple of weeks time will give us an ensemble and lead performers who can really do it justice.”
Potential actors, singers and dancers of all ages from 14 are invited at 7.30pm on Wednesday in the Quaker Hall, Smallgate, Beccles, to hear about the plans for the show.
- 1 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 2 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 3 Manager's tears of happiness at hotel accolade
- 4 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 5 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 6 Town's post office to close within a month
- 7 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 8 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 9 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 10 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
Open auditions for principals will take place on Wednesday, November 17 and Monday, November 22. Performances will be in Beccles Public Hall from Tuesday to Saturday, April 26 to 30.
WLOG are also looking to borrow a Harley-Davidson motorbike for the show that would fit with the era and a 50s-style jukebox.
If you can help call John on 01502 712329 or email firstname.lastname@example.org