Join a show to celebrate the king of rock and roll
HOT on the heels of the success of Guys and Dolls, Beccles-based Waveney Light Opera Group will be inviting everybody to rock, roll and stomp their feet to the beat of The King, Elvis Presley’s music in Beccles when they hold a preview evening for the next production All Shook Up on Wednesday.
Set in America in the 1950s, All Shook Up is a delightful, fun tale, set to the music of Elvis Presley. Surprisingly too it includes some lesser known Elvis songs drawn from his movies to complement the story.
It tells the romantic tale of how a young girl’s dreams become reality when a mysterious, leather-jacketed stranger arrives and turns the town upside down with his hip-swivelin’, lip-curlin’ and sexy song singin’.
The small town discovers the magic of romance and the power of rock ‘n’ roll as their lives are changed forever.
“It is a huge, but exciting challenge to direct a brand new show that has been performed only a few times in this country,” explained John Cushing, stage director.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m really looking forward to having the opportunity. The music really is stunning – so much at odds with conventional musical theatre. This is rock gospel at its best, and I’m hoping that our auditions in a couple of weeks time will give us an ensemble and lead performers who can really do it justice.”
Potential actors, singers and dancers of all ages from 14 are invited at 7.30pm on Wednesday in the Quaker Hall, Smallgate, Beccles, to hear about the plans for the show.
- 1 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 2 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 3 How I became Ralph Fiennes' assistant on Netflix's The Dig
- 4 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 6 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 7 'Be vigilant' plea after rise in vehicle thefts
- 8 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 9 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
- 10 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
Open auditions for principals will take place on Wednesday, November 17 and Monday, November 22. Performances will be in Beccles Public Hall from Tuesday to Saturday, April 26 to 30.
WLOG are also looking to borrow a Harley-Davidson motorbike for the show that would fit with the era and a 50s-style jukebox.
If you can help call John on 01502 712329 or email firstname.lastname@example.org