Join in the pirate pantomime fun
- Credit: Archant
The Lowestoft Players will return to the Marina Theatre in Lowestoft in the New Year with a swashbuckling post-Christmas panto treat – Dick Whittington and the Pirate Adventure.
The show, which runs for nine performances from January 22 to January 31, is jam packed with well-known songs, high energy dance routines, hilarious comedy sketches and a sprinkling of magic.
Heading up the principle cast in the role of Dick, is Lee Nevill – a firm favourite principle boy. Supporting him in the comedy roles of Dame Mary Roughberry, and Idle Jack are Stephen Wilson and Stephen Clark. The pair will be entertaining audiences with a slapstick kitchen scene, pirate drill, rat catching and an encounter with a man-eating cannibal.
In true Players tradition, there will be plenty of speciality scenes including an under the sea UV, lots of local comedy references, colourful costumes and creative set including a pirate ship and Sultan’s palace.
Director John Marjoram said: “This year’s script has been completely re-written, the traditional story of Dick Whittington is there, but he encounters a band of pirates along the way, so audiences young and old are going to love joining in, singing along, cheering and booing.”
You may also want to watch:
•Tickets are available from the Marina Theatre box office on 01502 533200.
- 1 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 2 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 3 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 4 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 5 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 6 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 7 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 8 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 9 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 10 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers