Join in the pirate pantomime fun
- Credit: Archant
The Lowestoft Players will return to the Marina Theatre in Lowestoft in the New Year with a swashbuckling post-Christmas panto treat – Dick Whittington and the Pirate Adventure.
The show, which runs for nine performances from January 22 to January 31, is jam packed with well-known songs, high energy dance routines, hilarious comedy sketches and a sprinkling of magic.
Heading up the principle cast in the role of Dick, is Lee Nevill – a firm favourite principle boy. Supporting him in the comedy roles of Dame Mary Roughberry, and Idle Jack are Stephen Wilson and Stephen Clark. The pair will be entertaining audiences with a slapstick kitchen scene, pirate drill, rat catching and an encounter with a man-eating cannibal.
In true Players tradition, there will be plenty of speciality scenes including an under the sea UV, lots of local comedy references, colourful costumes and creative set including a pirate ship and Sultan’s palace.
Director John Marjoram said: “This year’s script has been completely re-written, the traditional story of Dick Whittington is there, but he encounters a band of pirates along the way, so audiences young and old are going to love joining in, singing along, cheering and booing.”
You may also want to watch:
•Tickets are available from the Marina Theatre box office on 01502 533200.
- 1 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 2 Man who set up cannabis farm warned he will be jailed
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 5 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 6 9 long walking trails to explore in Norfolk
- 7 Fire crews called out to bin fire at Bungay public toilets
- 8 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 9 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 10 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash