Laughs galore when Grumpy Old Man takes to stage
- Credit: Archant
Laughs are guaranteed when one of Britain’s most popular comedians takes to the stage at Beccles Public Hall tomorrow night.
Writer, comedian and broadcaster Arthur Smith is well-known for his sardonic presence on BBC2’s Grumpy Old Men, and he presents BBC Radio’s Excess Baggage and Loose Ends.
However, he is also recognised as an elder statesman of the alternative comedy scene frequently headlining shows across the UK.
Smith is no stranger to East Anglia, and back in the 1970s he studied at the University of East Anglia where he was chairman of the poetry society and wrote for the student newspaper.
After graduating in 1976 with a degree in comparative literature, he set off to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival with a group of fellow UEA performers.
You may also want to watch:
It promises to be a superb evening of comedy presented by Weird Coastal Buoys’ Comedy.
Tickets are selling fast but there are still a few from www.becclespublichall.com or from the box office on 01502 770060.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 4 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 5 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 6 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 9 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?
- 10 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay