Legendary beauty in Bungay
LEGENDARY beauty Britt Ekland is in Bungay next month to talk candidly about her life and film career.An Audience with Britt Ekland is at the Fisher Theatre on Thursday, June 3 and is sure to attract a lot of interest - bringing the iconic movie star to Bungay is another coup for the theatre.
LEGENDARY beauty Britt Ekland is in Bungay next month to talk candidly about her life and film career.
An Audience with Britt Ekland is at the Fisher Theatre on Thursday, June 3 and is sure to attract a lot of interest - bringing the iconic movie star to Bungay is another coup for the theatre.
She will talk about her childhood in Sweden, her big breaks, her marriage to comic superstar Peter Sellers, and her subsequent relationships with Rod Stewart, George Hamilton and Lou Adler - and there is much more, too, to this bubbly character. Tickets are �18 and are likely to go quickly.
At the theatre tonightis Ian Shaw, twice winner of the BBC Jazz Award. The singer and pianist will be joined by the extraordinary young talent of Polly Gibbons, who was raised in Suffolk, has recorded three albums and has graced many a stage. The evening is dedicated to the on-going work of musician, painter and teacher Gill Alexander, who lives at Needham and is the director of JazzAngles. It starts at 7.30pm and tickets are �15.
You may also want to watch:
Tomorrow evening the Johnny Cash tribute, Keep it Cash, is performing at the theatre, bringing close attention to detail, unquestionable talent and a huge passion for the genre. Tickets are �12.
There is something a bit different at the Fisher next Wednesday when the Old Time Radio Club visits with The Shadow over Innsmouth. The club resurrects classic radio plays as audio theatre, using accurate and original standards of old time radio broadcast, and using live sound effects, live music and a live studio audience. Tickets are �5 for the 8pm show.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 4 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 5 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 6 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 9 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 10 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?
Tickets for all events at the Fisher are bookable through the box office on 01986 897130 or via the website: www.fishertheatre.org