Lights come on in Halesworth tomorrow
HALESWORTH'S Christmas lights will be officially turned on tomorrow at 4.30pm.More than 75 festive trees are in place ready for the town event, which will include music, stalls and pyrotechnics on the church tower.
HALESWORTH'S Christmas lights will be officially turned on tomorrow at 4.30pm.
More than 75 festive trees are in place ready for the town event, which will include music, stalls and pyrotechnics on the church tower.
Jason and the Infidels will be playing outside The White Hart Inn between 2- 4pm, and The Southwold and Reydon Corps of Drums will be leading a procession through the town starting at 4pm from Rectory Street.
They will play a selection of carols as they make their way to the switch-on stand followed by local schoolchildren and residents. Santa and the Beach Bunny from the Beach Radio will also be in attendance, and Santa will retire to his grotto outside the Social Club at 5pm to meet children.
You may also want to watch:
There will be a grand prize draw in the Market Place at 4.45pm, for which tickets will be available between 10am and noon in the Thoroughfare.
As soon as the grand draw is completed there will be a pyrotechnics show on the church tower, then the Austin Beats will play a set of retro music.
- 1 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 4 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 5 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 6 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 7 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 8 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 9 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 10 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
The lights will be turned on by Claire Haslam-Wise from Bury St Edmunds, who initiated a project to make a calendar to raise money for the Royal British Legion.