Line-up highlighting local and national talent to delight crowds in Halesworth
- Credit: Archant
Halesworth is gearing up for one of the town’s musical highlights - the annual Big Gig.
The three day music festival in the Town Park, which starts at 6pm next Friday, August 5, aims to showcase the best in local and national talent.
Co-organiser Silas Rayner said: “Each year we build on the show and try to make it the perfect weekend for people to come down and relax.
“This year we are putting on a whole host of things for kids to do, there are hundreds of children in the town and we would like to make the show much more welcoming and exciting for them, so bring the whole family.
“And we have circus skills, bouncy castles, family games, play area and entertainment aimed to keep the young ones busy whilst you can grab a drink and listen to some of the great music.”
You may also want to watch:
Acts appearing over the three-day festival include Hackney Colliery Band, New Town Kings, Walkway, Mista Beat and Delta Beltas.
As well as the music, there will be food stalls, local crafts and trade stalls. Every year, a proportion of money taken on the door goes to charity. And this year, The Big Gig will be supporting I Made This, a charity using music to empower young people in Norfolk and Suffolk and The Flub Hub which gives short breaks for young people with a disability to explore music.
- 1 Green light for new homes bid in Norfolk village
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 4 Primary school reopens after outbreak of 17 Covid cases
- 5 New mayor unveiled for Bungay
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Man admits inflicting grievous bodily harm during altercation in Bungay
- 10 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
The Big Gig runs from 6pm to 11.30pm on Friday, August 5, and from noon to 11.30pm on Saturday, August 6 and Sunday, August 7.
Tickets cost £25 in advance for the whole weekend, and day tickets are available at £10 each. Under 12s go free.
Visit www.halesworthbiggig.co.uk for more, or alternatively buy tickets in person at Halesworth Bookshop on the Thoroughfare.