Little Gallery hosts exhibition of work by guest artists
- Credit: Archant
Three East Anglian artists will be the first guest artists of 2015 at The Little Gallery in Halesworth.
The exhibition on a Back to Nature theme, opens tomorrow and runs until Saturday, March 7.
The first artist is ceramicist Joe Lawrence who has been a regular exhibitor with the gallery since the early days. The exhibition is an opportunity for him to display a wider range of his work from his ever popular raku chickens through to his larger scale individual pieces.
Hannah Hann is a Norwich artist whose painting is strongly influenced in terms of landscape, colour and subject matter by places that have played an important part in her life. She was born in The Shetlands, lived and studied for her degree in Cornwall, and has made many visits to Crete.
And Ruth McCabe, an artist from a village near Halesworth, is granddaughter of a Yorkshire farmer and an admirer of the work of local Edwardian artist Harry Becker. She has a love of animals which is reflected in her work and will be exhibiting her typically loose watercolours of hares and sheep, painted for the sheer pleasure of their line, form and movement.
You may also want to watch:
The Little Gallery, in Market Place, is open weekdays from 10am to 5pm, except Thursdays when it closes at 1pm and Saturdays from 10am to 4pm.
For more information call 01986 875367.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 4 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 5 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 9 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 10 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award