Little Voice goes on Suffolk tour
- Credit: Archant © 2010
Mustard Theatre Company, a Suffolk based touring amateur theatre company, are delighted to be celebrating their first decade of drama.
Established in 2004 as a touring amateur theatre group taking drama to venues in Suffolk that didn’t traditionally have access to theatre/drama, Mustard Theatre Company has evolved and now takes on dramatic productions that stretch themselves and their audiences.
In recent years Mustard have taken on hard hitting subjects from the survivors of child abuse in “The Insect House” to the survivors of torture in “ Death and the Maiden”.
This group are willing to tackle all genres of drama and enjoy stretching themselves to produce high quality work.
To conclude their tenth year on the road they have chosen Jim Cartwright’s The Rise and Fall of Little Voice.
You may also want to watch:
Performances in north Suffolk include: Wednesday, November 19, Fisher Theatre, Bungay. Thursday, November 27, Seagull Theatre, Pakefield. Friday, December 5, The New Cut, Halesworth. All performances at 7.30pm. Tickets cost £8. Booking details from individual theatres.
The play tells the story of a shy, reclusive girl - Little Voice - and her larger than life, out of control mother Mari. Desperately missing her dead father, Little Voice spends her time locked in her bedroom listening to his old record collection and perfecting impersonations of famous divas including Shirley Bassey, Marilyn Monroe, Judy Garland and Dusty Springfield.
- 1 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 2 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 3 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 4 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 5 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 6 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 9 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk
- 10 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise