Loddon Mill Arts gears up for classical show
LODDON Mill Arts is welcoming a selection of leading artistes to the venue next month.
On Friday, June 24 soprano Hannah Francis will be appearing alongside legendary conductor and pianist Howard Williams.
Hannah’s distinguished and varied career has taken her around the globe.
As principal soprano with the English National Opera she gave a series of critically acclaimed performances, including three classic Mozart roles - Pamina (The Magic Flute), Zerlina (Don Giovanni) and Despina (Cosi fan tutte).
Howard began his career as a pianist before turning his skills to conducting and is one of Britain’s most experienced conductors with over 70 opera titles to his credit and an exceptionally large symphonic repertoire.
You may also want to watch:
In the UK alone he has conducted the London Philharmonic, the Royal Philharmonic, the BBC Symphony Orchestra, the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic, the Royal Scottish National, the Bournemouth Symphony, the City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra and the BBC Philharmonic, to name but a few.
The programme will include famous works by Puccini, Alfredo Catalani, Benjamin Britten, Wagner and Verdi.
- 1 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 2 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 3 Global innovation award for farm that harnesses energy from cow muck
- 4 Bungay Wave set to ripple through town in support of flooding victims
- 5 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch
- 6 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 7 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 8 Laptop stolen from parked car in Beccles
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
Tickets are �15 with a licensed bar. Doors open at 7pm with the concert starting at 7.45pm.
A special discounted three course pre-concert meal is also on offer from the White Horse public house at Chedgrave. To book call 01508 520250.
The next evening the Comedy Club at Loddon Mill Arts will be welcoming Sy Thomas, who recently performed at the Edinburgh Festival, David Roth and Trevor Lock.
With a large CV of television, radio and show performances Trevor is also known as Russell Brand’s side kick on his chart topping BBC radio show and he has a worldwide cult following.
The evening will be hosted by the award-winning American comedienne, writer and actress Taylor Glenn.
Tickets are �12.50 and the doors open at 7pm with a licensed bar.
For tickets to either event call Loddon Mill Arts on 01508 521800 or pop in and see Caroline at Rosy Lee’s Tea-room on Bridge Street.