Lots of music set for Fisher
THERE is a variety of entertainment at Bungay's Fisher Theatre in the next seven days, all of it musical.Tonight there is a ceilidh with Pendragon, who make a return visit to the theatre.
THERE is a variety of entertainment at Bungay's Fisher Theatre in the next seven days, all of it musical.
Tonight there is a ceilidh with Pendragon, who make a return visit to the theatre. The event is being organised by The Friends of Bungay High School. Doors open at 7.30pm and tickets are �8.
Tomorrow evening brings The Sounds of Simon, a tribute to Simon and Garfunkel, with a show that takes in the full range of the duo's career together, as well as drawing extensively form Paul Simon's solo career. It's at 7.30pm and tickets are �12.
The Nathan Carter Band is giving a concert on Wednesday evening. Nathan's talent was first spotted when he was three-years-old and sang Are You Lonesome Tonight to his granddad, and he has come a long way since then. He is now one of the hottest young singers on the country music circuit. Tickets are �12.50 for the 7.30pm show.
You may also want to watch:
On Thursday evening there is classical fare, with a concert by the Finzi Strong Quartet. Formed under the guidance of the late Dr Christopher Rowland at the Royal Northern College of Music, the all female quartet recently made its debut at the Wigmore Hall and the Purecell Room. Recently the group has spent a two-week residency at Aldeburgh. Tickets are �10 and the concert starts at 7.30pm.
Looking ahead, the Fisher Theatre presents Curtain up on Murder, directed by Karen Carter, on Thursday, October 22 until Saturday, October 24. Tickets are now on sale for the annual professional pantomime, with Steve Ace bringing Dick Whittington and his Cat to the Fisher for 24 performances from December 19.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 4 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 5 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 6 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 9 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 10 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?
Tickets for all events at the Fisher are available through the box office on 01986 897130 or via the website: www.fishertheatre.org.