Lots of music set for Fisher
THERE is a variety of entertainment at Bungay's Fisher Theatre in the next seven days, all of it musical.Tonight there is a ceilidh with Pendragon, who make a return visit to the theatre.
THERE is a variety of entertainment at Bungay's Fisher Theatre in the next seven days, all of it musical.
Tonight there is a ceilidh with Pendragon, who make a return visit to the theatre. The event is being organised by The Friends of Bungay High School. Doors open at 7.30pm and tickets are �8.
Tomorrow evening brings The Sounds of Simon, a tribute to Simon and Garfunkel, with a show that takes in the full range of the duo's career together, as well as drawing extensively form Paul Simon's solo career. It's at 7.30pm and tickets are �12.
The Nathan Carter Band is giving a concert on Wednesday evening. Nathan's talent was first spotted when he was three-years-old and sang Are You Lonesome Tonight to his granddad, and he has come a long way since then. He is now one of the hottest young singers on the country music circuit. Tickets are �12.50 for the 7.30pm show.
You may also want to watch:
On Thursday evening there is classical fare, with a concert by the Finzi Strong Quartet. Formed under the guidance of the late Dr Christopher Rowland at the Royal Northern College of Music, the all female quartet recently made its debut at the Wigmore Hall and the Purecell Room. Recently the group has spent a two-week residency at Aldeburgh. Tickets are �10 and the concert starts at 7.30pm.
Looking ahead, the Fisher Theatre presents Curtain up on Murder, directed by Karen Carter, on Thursday, October 22 until Saturday, October 24. Tickets are now on sale for the annual professional pantomime, with Steve Ace bringing Dick Whittington and his Cat to the Fisher for 24 performances from December 19.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 3 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 4 Tools stolen in spate of van break-ins
- 5 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 6 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 7 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 8 Picturesque Bungay retirement home officially Grade II listed
- 9 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 10 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
Tickets for all events at the Fisher are available through the box office on 01986 897130 or via the website: www.fishertheatre.org.