Merry Opera Company’s return to Public Hall
- Credit: Archant © 2011
A popular opera company is making a welcome return to Beccles Public Hall this month.
The team that brought last year’s hit juke-box opera Kiss me, Figaro! and the acclaimed staged Messiah, The Merry Opera Company, present a brand new show for 2015.
This time it is a super production of The Barber Of Seville.
A cocktail of joy, laughter and fun, fizzing with musical brilliance, bold humour and great tunes. we follow the escapades of the quick witted and irrepressible Figaro as he untangles the fortunes of a beautiful and feisty but imprisoned heiress, her greedy and lecherous guardian and the love-struck but always inventive Count Almaviva.
“The Merry Opera Company has a nice line in these slightly offbeat touring shows, performing them with charm, energy and wit,” said critics.
The Barber of Seville will be performed at Beccles Public Hall on Friday, February 20, at 7.30pm.
Tickets are £10 and £9 for concessions.
- 1 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 2 'Incredible turnout' as protesters demand River Waveney clean up
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with road temporarily closed for repair works
- 4 'I keep selling out' - Mum-of-two dreams of fudge shop as business thrives
- 5 Fishing equipment stolen after thieves smash car window
- 6 Queen's Jubilee celebration events aplenty to enjoy in Waveney
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 5 of the best brewery tours in Suffolk
- 9 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 10 Vandals damage fence and gate in night-time incident
Get your tickets early from the box office or online at www.becclespublichall.com