Merry Opera Company’s return to Public Hall
- Credit: Archant © 2011
A popular opera company is making a welcome return to Beccles Public Hall this month.
The team that brought last year’s hit juke-box opera Kiss me, Figaro! and the acclaimed staged Messiah, The Merry Opera Company, present a brand new show for 2015.
This time it is a super production of The Barber Of Seville.
A cocktail of joy, laughter and fun, fizzing with musical brilliance, bold humour and great tunes. we follow the escapades of the quick witted and irrepressible Figaro as he untangles the fortunes of a beautiful and feisty but imprisoned heiress, her greedy and lecherous guardian and the love-struck but always inventive Count Almaviva.
“The Merry Opera Company has a nice line in these slightly offbeat touring shows, performing them with charm, energy and wit,” said critics.
You may also want to watch:
The Barber of Seville will be performed at Beccles Public Hall on Friday, February 20, at 7.30pm.
Tickets are £10 and £9 for concessions.
- 1 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 2 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 3 Global innovation award for farm that harnesses energy from cow muck
- 4 Bungay Wave set to ripple through town in support of flooding victims
- 5 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch
- 6 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 7 Laptop stolen from parked car in Beccles
- 8 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
Get your tickets early from the box office or online at www.becclespublichall.com