More Madness at Beccles Public Hall for ferry and lido fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
An exciting weekend of entertainment is being staged at Beccles Public Hall, with the first event kicking off tonight.
Doors will open at 7.30pm tonight for the Popup Pianobar with a cabaret style evening of chilled music and singing from Ian Sainsbury’s vast and popular repertoire. Tickets cost £7.
Tomorrow, back by popular demand, one of the region’s top tribute bands More Madness will be unveiling their new line up when they make their first appearance in 2016 at the Public Hall.
The event has become a popular annual fundraiser for Big Dog Ferry and Beccles Lido and people can expect a show packed with all of Madness’ hits from The Prince through to Baggy Trousers and Night Boat to Cairo.
There will also be supporting DJs playing a mix of Ska and 2 Tone.
You may also want to watch:
The event will start at 8pm and tickets cost £10 on the door or £8 in advance.
And on Sunday, Spencer, Gerry and Peter Gill will be returning with a brand new, non-stop musical extravaganza, this time taking on the ever popular genre of 1950s rock ‘n’ roll.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 3 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 4 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 5 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 6 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 7 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 8 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 9 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
- 10 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more
The brief is the same as previous shows: 100 hits in 100 minutes. And as usual expect the expected, the unexpected and the outright zany as the trio throw themselves body and soul into hits made famous by such legends as Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry, Ray Charles and many more.
Like their 60s and 70s shows, it will be a musical roller coaster ride of the highest order with a very special guest.
And if that is not enough, there is always their famous competition - a night out with the boys for anyone able to name every song they perform.
The show will start at 2.30pm and tickets are £14 or £12 for concessions.
More information and tickets for all shows at the Public Hall are available online at www.becclespublichall.com, from the box office open Monday to Saturday from 10am to 3pm or by calling 01502 770060.
Are you hosting an event? Email the details to email@example.com