Musical will look back to the 1980s
- Credit: Archant
It’s time to dig out your neon legwarmers and blue eyeshadow as Beccles Rising Stars, pictured above, begin their search for the cast of their next production Back to the 80s.
The musical tells the story of the senior class of William Ocean High School that graduated in the 1980’s, as remembered and seen through the eyes of a now 40-something Corey Palmer.
It throws in some high-energy dance routines, the obligatory 80s party scene, a Star Wars dream sequence and some of the most popular songs ever written including Walking on Sunshine, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun and Total Eclipse of the Heart.
Following the success of their production of Les Misérables - School Edition, Rising Stars is looking for enthusiastic singers, actors and dancers between eight and 19 to perform on stage, as well as anyone who would like to be involved in the technical aspects of a show, such as set design, costumes, sound and lighting.
They will be holding an information evening on Friday, September 19, to launch the search for talented young performers to take part the show, starting at 7pm at the St John Ambulance Hall in Beccles, it will give all prospective cast members information about the group.
You may also want to watch:
• Email Youth@WLOG.org.uk, visit www.WLOGRisingStars.co.uk or find them on Facebook.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 5 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 6 Suffolk Covid rates declining, but increased deaths expected for next three weeks
- 7 Why some over 70s get the Covid vaccine before over 80s
- 8 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 9 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 10 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town