Musical will look back to the 1980s
- Credit: Archant
It’s time to dig out your neon legwarmers and blue eyeshadow as Beccles Rising Stars, pictured above, begin their search for the cast of their next production Back to the 80s.
The musical tells the story of the senior class of William Ocean High School that graduated in the 1980’s, as remembered and seen through the eyes of a now 40-something Corey Palmer.
It throws in some high-energy dance routines, the obligatory 80s party scene, a Star Wars dream sequence and some of the most popular songs ever written including Walking on Sunshine, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun and Total Eclipse of the Heart.
Following the success of their production of Les Misérables - School Edition, Rising Stars is looking for enthusiastic singers, actors and dancers between eight and 19 to perform on stage, as well as anyone who would like to be involved in the technical aspects of a show, such as set design, costumes, sound and lighting.
They will be holding an information evening on Friday, September 19, to launch the search for talented young performers to take part the show, starting at 7pm at the St John Ambulance Hall in Beccles, it will give all prospective cast members information about the group.
You may also want to watch:
• Email Youth@WLOG.org.uk, visit www.WLOGRisingStars.co.uk or find them on Facebook.
- 1 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 2 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 3 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 4 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 5 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 6 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 7 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 8 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 9 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney
- 10 Hunt for man who deliberately drove Mercedes into cyclist